Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Tax Help

I received a false W2, that has been reported to the IRS.  Never worked for this company at all.  The IRS is investigation, but it has been 3-months and I need to file my taxes.  How do I file my 2018 taxes without including this company and the information they illegally and falsely provided?  I am concerned it will cause future problems with the IRS.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @n498149c .  See if an answer to your questions is available in our list of frequently asked questions >> https://taxaideqa.aarp.org/hc/en-us

If you cannot find an answer, our IRS certified volunteers might be able to help.  You can submit a question which will be reviewed by an AARP-Tax Aide volunteer and you will receive an answer by email within three to five business days.  This option is in the right rail of the page.

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

Have you contacted the IRS for guidance? I think they may be able to direct you.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for your response, however, the IRS is investigating and have been for 3-months, without a resolution.  Has this occurred to anyone and how was it resolved?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @n498149c .  See if an answer to your questions is available in our list of frequently asked questions >> https://taxaideqa.aarp.org/hc/en-us

If you cannot find an answer, our IRS certified volunteers might be able to help.  You can submit a question which will be reviewed by an AARP-Tax Aide volunteer and you will receive an answer by email within three to five business days.  This option is in the right rail of the page.

Thank you. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP