Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stairlift Financial Assistance For Elderly Parent

Contributor

Stairlift Financial Assistance For Elderly Parent

My elderly father who lives in the upstate NY area is in need of a stairlift and I found out his Medicare won’t cover it. I’m seeking to see if there is funding that could help my parents cover some of the cost. My sister and I can help with some funding. I have googled, searched, and left messages with local gaining offices. Any assistance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

i think that you're going to find that this is absorbed by the buyer...I looked into different companies and found that not one had a financial plan to assist buyers of course years have passed since I inquired...They may give you a percentage off as in incentive to get you to purchase through them.  See what is offered don't sign anything until you're sure of what your getting..The cost for us would have been $10,000 to$13,000.00 not counting extra prep work for electrical and adding a platform at the bottom of the stairs..They can be quite hounding once you deal with them...The only option would to borrow against the equity of your home for home improvements. Any extra work has to be done by a qualified electrician/carpenter if adjustments have to be made to accommodate this chair lift..Hopefully things have changed to your benefit...There are many chair lift companies so look for information from all of them..

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks. Things are pretty much the same. One company said they would take a percentage off if we paid by cash or check. I'm also checking with the Office for the Aging. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP