Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Sorry for the pity party from Katswonders

Periodic Contributor

Sorry for the pity party from Katswonders

Hi there all,

I'm feeling better than I was. I'm still caring for my sick husband but that was the vows I took. I have made plans to get out by myself here and there. Made an appt for a mani/pedi and I am going to lunch with a dear friend. I guess I should share some of my likes. I love animals..I have two dogs, a black pug female who is 11, a toy fox terrier who is about 3 also female. 3 cats.. 17 y/o male, 3 y/o male and 2 y/o female. Plus a female hedgehog. I also love God and reading His word. I love making beaded jewelru and crocheting and my computer. Obviously my name is Kathy and I live in Oregon but I am from Long Island, NY. I do miss my home, but I try to go every year to see my twins and grandchildren and old friends. So there is the start of my 65+ years. Nice to meet you.

KathyMc420

Kudos
Views
Replies
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry to see your husband is not well. I'm glad you take time to do some things for yourself. It is very stressful to take care of someone who is not well. May God bless you.
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Dear Katswonders,

No need to apologize.  Caregiving isn't easy, especially when there is no one else around.  I'm sure you miss your children/grandchildren.  Why did you move to Oregon?  How long have you been there?  It sounds like you have plenty of activities to keep busy.  Your pet hedgehog is rather unusual.  Pets provide lots of companionship.

Well my dear...welcome to the world of seniors.  I had no clue what life would be like at this stage - and now I wonder what I'm supposed to do. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

HEARTGLITTER.gif

Katswonders wrote:

Hi there all,

I'm feeling better than I was. I'm still caring for my sick husband but that was the vows I took. I have made plans to get out by myself here and there. Made an appt for a mani/pedi and I am going to lunch with a dear friend. I guess I should share some of my likes. I love animals..I have two dogs, a black pug female who is 11, a toy fox terrier who is about 3 also female. 3 cats.. 17 y/o male, 3 y/o male and 2 y/o female. Plus a female hedgehog. I also love God and reading His word. I love making beaded jewelru and crocheting and my computer. Obviously my name is Kathy and I live in Oregon but I am from Long Island, NY. I do miss my home, but I try to go every year to see my twins and grandchildren and old friends. So there is the start of my 65+ years. Nice to meet you.

KathyMc420

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP