Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Need ideas as to prevent urine from getting on upper covers on my adult disabled son he uses a urina

Need ideas as to prevent urine from getting on upper covers on my adult disabled son he uses a urina

Canโ€™t figure a solution to prevent all the laundry IM having to do because every. Time my adult son urinates in his urinal it gets on his cover IVE given him small towels to use while heโ€™s peeing but they get soaked too after a few times

I would appreciate any advise

An external catheter with a closed drainage system with low suction is available. One is called "Men's Liberty".

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband has Alzheimer and an overactive bladder.  He also wears diapers 24/7.  I found a great place that sells chair covers, mattress covers, etc.  The company name is HealthKin.  They are in Rodgers, MN.  They have washable products, and various sizes.  For the bed I use the 36"x 72" and for the chairs they have one that is 34"x36".  It has saved me washing sheets all the time and wearing them out faster than normal..  I wish you luck.

0 Kudos

I have every type of pads and covers imaginable and they really do work. The problem I'm having is every time he pees I have to bathe him wash everything. My washer/dryer is killing my electric bill. Have you found an adult diaper that fits the entire butt area? I don't mean one for large people...just one that fits better.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hi @p457195k , I hope this may help. I found this urinal system that has a close seal and will empty itself (so as not to spill putting it up) into a bag to empty later. Seems reasonably priced and less messy.

https://advantageurinal.com/product/close-fit-male-urinal/ 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP