Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

My father-in-law is aggrivating

He refuses to change his Depends but once a week. He refuses to wash his hands. He refuses to shower but twice a month. It's gross. The more I remind him the longer he will go without complying. He does not have dementia. I guess I should just let it go since I can't do a thing about it. He literally will bend over and pick up bits of cotton off the floor that fall out of his pant leg from his disintegrating diaper. He is somewhat continent but still... just nasty.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Don't let him go out. Just find something to keep him occupied in the house. Just make sure he is safe and not in harms way. Find one of his good buddies to come over or call him on the phone.

Channel R Chance
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, I am taking care of My husband!

My children try to help when they can, by taking us out to eat, or taking him to Dr. Visits!

Saturday, evening, my Son called, and talked with his Dad. He suggested to him , that we go out for brunch on Sunday.

So Sunday we did! For once we had a good time!

Normally, He's quite cranky! this stems from the Shingles that he had from, July-December, Last year. He mostly was not eating at that time; and lost a lot of Weight! 

I have hope for us when he eats! 

God's Rainbow's to you!😄

You may want to seek help, from His Dr. For advice; where to get help for you1

We did find some help from, Home Instead; You may also want to Try asking His Dr. about Hospice?

Love, and God's Deep Peace to you!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Is he paying for the depends himself and worried about the cost. There are plenty of companies that will prove home delivery for a month and call you each month 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you for your reply!

I pay for them! Thank you for the idea!

Things are looking up!

We celebrated his Birthday!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion. I buy his depends at the local Visiting Nurses Thrift Store so he has plenty.

Contributor

Is he paying for the depends himself and worried about the cost. There are plenty of companies that will prove home delivery for a month and call you each month 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP