Mother with Parkinson's

Hello. My name is Elaine and I have an elderly mother with Parkinson's. I'd like to connect with adult children caring for elderly parents. 

AARP Expert

There is also a talkative group on Facebook sponsored by AARP, if you're on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1353173708169053    

As I recall, Parkinson's has so many aspects to it. I used to be a geriatric care manager, and one of my clients had Parkinson's. She'd been a pharmacist, but as she declined, she lost speech. Eventually she had trouble swallowing, and instead of putting in some sort of peg to artificially feed her, she went into hospice care at home. She had a lovely husband who took care of her, along with a daily aide. There are so many decisions to make. I hope you have support in your efforts to care for her and be with her at this time.

Welcome, Elaine.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @ElaineG195486 I see you have the AARP newbie title, welcome 🙂 I may be wrong, but the Caregiving Forum being managed by @AARPMichaelP may be a good fit for you. Good luck! (I see @AARPMichaelP MOVED your post into his forum. What an AWESOME guy!!)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Virtual Community Center 

Offering a wide variety of FREE interactive, online events and classes designed for learning, self-improvement, and fun. Learn More

Members Can Get Financial Help

Get help with student loan repayment & forgiveness. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health