With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Medical alarm service, seeking advice and recommendations

Message 1 of 1
My mother has midstage Alzheimer's and she was a technophobe way before that.

She was receiving a subsidy, which dropped her subscriber rate to $5.33 a month.  But this is ending soon due to lack of funds like so much these days as the Great Recession marches on. CST your Link to Life has been a pain in my backside over billing, so they are fired as soon as her subsidy ends, possibly sooner.  I absolutely refuse to send them $35 a month for more billiing sqabbles.

I saw an ad for 5Star Emergency Response.  Has anyone used that for summoning an ambulance for a medical emergency, like for a stroke?  The ad definitely seems geared to younger families and I am not sure how their agents would respond to an elder who had a stroke, for instance.

We don't have to go with 5Star.  I want a company who could recognize someone struggling to communicate, whether due to a stroke or a head injury due to a fall, and be able to figure out how to summon the local ambulance.  We live in Vermont if that makes a differnce as far a coverage/service area..Thanks.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies