Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Looking for In-Home Covid Booster Providers

Contributor

Looking for In-Home Covid Booster Providers

Hello,

I'm a caregiver to a homebound my elderly sister, in Pinellas County, Florida.  We were able to get in-home Covid-19 vaccines (both doses) and her first booster shot.  But when I was trying to schedule her second booster shot, I was told by CDRM Health (the in-home provider) that they no longer provide that service.

I searched the net, and the most common recommendation is to call my County's Department of Health or the Insurance Carrier (United Healthcase in her case).  I did both.  I could never get through to the Pinellas County Health Department (after waiting for over 76 minutes on hold) and could not even speak to anyone live.  As for United Healthcare, after being transferred to 3 departments, they were not able to help either.

Does anyone know what other resources I have to try to find an in-home vaccination provider?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

CDC.gov  07/12/2022 - Accessing a COVID-19 Vaccine If You Are Homebound

NCOA.org - Covid Vaccinations for the Homebound.

As with most everything else the local Health Dept is probably overworked and understaffed - so just be patient with them.

You maybe able to book the Health Dept online if they give an option of bringing the vax to you.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP