Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How do I document time caring for dad for VA Aid & Attendance?

Contributor

How do I document time caring for dad for VA Aid & Attendance?

I am signing my veteran father up for VA pension benefit "Aid and Attendance" but I'm not sure how to document all my time to prove that he needs many hours of caregiving per month. He has limited funds so can't pay me, although I am supplementing with paid caregivers, and I am on family leave at work. His VSO said unless he was paying me it may not count. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

@c232559b wrote:

I am signing my veteran father up for VA pension benefit "Aid and Attendance" but I'm not sure how to document all my time to prove that he needs many hours of caregiving per month. He has limited funds so can't pay me, although I am supplementing with paid caregivers, and I am on family leave at work. His VSO said unless he was paying me it may not count. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! 

@c232559b wrote:

I have a friend who's husband is a VSO; i will ask him tomorrow. I'm wondering if he goes to the VA for medical care, and if so, find yourself a social worker who can walk you through it. But meanwhile, explore that link that another community member offered, and i'll see what i can find out.

Jane

0 Kudos

HELLO I.M A SPOUSE CAREGIVER NEED HELP W SENIOR TBI HEWAS HIT BY A CAR NEED HELP W HOUSING IN A MOTEL,. PPL jUDGE THESENIOR. W DOG  YEAR OLD I DO HOPING .PAY BILLS HES POA ,. so need help male pw no helps w housing paying 750.00 a week i,m on odsp we spilt on rent ., we are still suing the driver .he was at fault ,. famillies are creul to him ,. im hes poa ppl hate we do alot insurance should pay us we give 24 hours aday pay cabs food food he play ppl but i ingore very quiet

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

@w547746c wrote:

HELLO I.M A SPOUSE CAREGIVER NEED HELP W SENIOR TBI HEWAS HIT BY A CAR NEED HELP W HOUSING IN A MOTEL,. PPL jUDGE THESENIOR. W DOG  YEAR OLD I DO HOPING .PAY BILLS HES POA ,. so need help male pw no helps w housing paying 750.00 a week i,m on odsp we spilt on rent ., we are still suing the driver .he was at fault ,. famillies are creul to him ,. im hes poa ppl hate we do alot insurance should pay us we give 24 hours aday pay cabs food food he play ppl but i ingore very quiet

Hi there. You have a lot going on! Do you need an attorney? The bar association for your state should be able to refer you. Tell me your state and i'll look up the information. Are you working with rehabilitation to help him get better? Is there a social worker there? I would hope you have access to someone who can answer your questions and give you support. Is it his family who is being cruel?

I'm so sorry. Tell us more?

Jane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

If he is eligible for a pension then his doctor will provide any info as to his condition and needing everyday living care or medical help.  

This link to the VA will help explain it.  

VA Aid and Attendance and Housebound - Pension

Keep in mind that it is also based on income and financial assets.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP