Hundreds of AARP member benefits. One convenient place to explore them. Check it out!

AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: Grandparent raising grandchildren - Emotional Support

Message 1 of 2

@rm32032149 wrote:

Hey.  I'm a grandma who's raising her 2-year-old granddaughter and I know I'm not alone.  Is anyone else interested in having an online support group that provides emotional support during those times when we're at the end of patience...whether with grandchildren or the parents of the grandchildren...times when we're stretched too thin, frustrated that we can't physically keep up, resentful that our lives have been sort of hyjacked?  Those are some of the tough times but I'm also looking for a community where maybe I can get ideas, share joyful moments, receive and offer advice about stuff that works or doesn't work when raising these little angels.  

If you're interested, let's start a conversation.  Thanks much!

It's so important, what you are doing for her! i found this on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Grandparents-Raising-Grandchildren-159724844105830/   Are you on facebook?  You can also put a notice up in your community and see if you can get a friendly support group going using, say, the library, or a playground in good weather, so that you all can gather locally and in person....

jane

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Grandparent raising grandchildren - Emotional Support

Message 2 of 2

Hey.  I'm a grandma who's raising her 2-year-old granddaughter and I know I'm not alone.  Is anyone else interested in having an online support group that provides emotional support during those times when we're at the end of patience...whether with grandchildren or the parents of the grandchildren...times when we're stretched too thin, frustrated that we can't physically keep up, resentful that our lives have been sort of hyjacked?  Those are some of the tough times but I'm also looking for a community where maybe I can get ideas, share joyful moments, receive and offer advice about stuff that works or doesn't work when raising these little angels.  

If you're interested, let's start a conversation.  Thanks much!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies