With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Good Outcome for All

Message 1 of 1
I am not new to this board, but haven't posted anything for a really long time. We moved my Mom in with us a little over 2 years ago. She will be 80 in Feb. She was in bad health and unable to live alone anymore. The first year was really hard. She had a diabetic ulcer on her foot that we worked a year to get healed. We live in a rural area, and she was air lifted out of here to the hospital several times with heart problems. It got so every time the helicopter was heard landing, everyone in town assumed it was for her. Then about a year ago, she had open heart surgery. We almost lost her, but she fought her way back. Drs all said she was a tough lady. What she went through would have killed a lesser person. About a year ago, my husband became disabled and had to stop working. Now I had two to take care of. I have fibromyalgia, diabetic etc. There have been days I didn't feel like I was much better than they were, but had to push on. My husband had a big flare with arthritis in his hip. He wasn't moving hardly at all, he was in so much pain. Lately I have had more & more trouble getting along with her. My stress level has been at the breaking point for the last few months. I felt like I was trapped. I didn't want to upset her, worse make her mad, but I just didn't feel like I could keep going the way things were. So, I went to my siblings and asked for one of them to make room for her. Well, that wasn't  to be. BUT, I have one bro that is much more understanding than the rest, and bless his heart, he found her an apartment. Hallelujah!! She is moving out now, and is all excited about being on her own again. The rest of the kids seem happy that she is going to be closer so they can visit more often and without driving to my house. I live in the opposite direction of the rest, and it means a special trip for them of about 40 miles for most of them. So, Praise God, things are working out well for all involved. I was at the end of my rope, and went to my knees for God's help. Don't know why I have to get to that point before I earnestly look to Him, but it seems I never learn. I'm so glad that she is excited to move out on her own again, and that she is leaving on a good note. It's a much better thing this way, and I am so very grateful.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies