- AARP Online Community
- Ideas, Tips & Answers
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Invest, Diversify, Integrate Your Financial Life
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Solo Travel
- Home & Family Forums
- Dogs, Cats and Pets
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Love, Sex & Dating
- Our Front Porch
- Random Thoughts and Conversations
- Singles Perspective Revisited
- Comunidad Hispana de AARP
- Home & Family Archive
- Politics & Society Forums
- Politics, Current Events
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Rewards for Good
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- TV Talk
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Writing & Books
- Good News
- Entertainment Archive
- Caregiving Forums
- Grief & Loss
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
Father's Day 2016 Contest Rules
AARP Father’s Day 2016 Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility. To be eligible for the Father’s Day Contest (“Contest”), as of the start of the Contest Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and (ii) have Internet access and an AARP.org account. AARP.org accounts are available at no cost.
Officers, directors, and employees of AARP (“Sponsor”) and its partners, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
2. Timing. The Contest starts on June 1, 2016 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and all entries must be received no later than June 20, 2016 at 12 PM ET (the“Contest Period”). Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
3. How to Submit. To submit an entry, you must do the following:
During the Contest Period, log in to your AARP account and visit (http://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Father-s-Day-2016/con-p/AARPFATHERSDAY2016)
- Registering with AARP.org is available at no cost.
Then you MUST Post a reason why you think your father deserves a break on this page: http://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Father-s-Day-2016/con-p/AARPFATHERSDAY2016
4. Submission Requirements: Ineligible posts include posts that are unresponsive, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message submissions are permitted. The odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received and the skill of the entrants
5. Representations and Warranties. By entering the Contest, entrants represent and warrant that their entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted entry and that they have the right to submit the entry and grant all required licenses and assignments. Each writer agrees not to submit any entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations. Entrants also represent and warrant that they have not previously submitted their essay as an entry in a contest, promotion, competition, or similar activity.
6. Selection. Each entry will be reviewed by Sponsor before June 30, 2016. One overall post will be selected as the potential winner and will receive the prize. Posts will be reviewed based on the following criteria: (i) creativity (30%); (ii) originality (30%); and (iii) alignment with the overall theme (40%). The potential winner will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s decision is final. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the category of “alignment with the overall theme” will be selected as the potential winner.
7. Prize. One (1) prizes consisting of a $100 Gift Card. Sponsor reserves the right to seek an alternate potential prize winner in the event that the individuals originally selected are disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitutions allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or exchanged by the winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Contest are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. Winner Notification. Within twenty-four (24) hours following the selection, Sponsor will notify the selected winner by e-mail or telephone. The selected potential winner must respond within forty-eight (48) hours or an alternative potential winner will be selected based upon the entry receiving the next highest score.
9. Release. Where permitted by law, the selected potential winner may be required to submit a publicity release and limitation of liability. Failure to complete such documents may also result in the selection of an alternate potential winner. Acceptance of the offer to be published signifies the entrant’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and essay in connection with the promotion of the Contest, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. Intellectual Property Rights. Each entrant shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in each submitted essay (including moral rights) subject to these Official Rules. However, by entering the Contest, and to the extent allowed by law, each writer grants Sponsor and its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, developers and third party marketing entities a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, adapt, publish, exploit and use the submitted entry throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation.
12. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
14. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release Sponsor and its employees, agents, affiliated companies, and advertising agencies (“Released Entities”) from any and all liability arising from: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by writer, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the selected essay or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen essays; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from writer’s participation in the Contest. Entrants further agree to release Released Entities from any and all liability arising from misdirected or undeliverable essays or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
15. Governing Law. The Contest is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, with jurisdiction and venue in Washington, DC, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Washington, DC.
16. Winner List. To receive notice of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by August 1, 2016, to: Father’s Day 2016 Contest, AARP Community Team, AARP, 601 E Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20049.
17. Sponsor. AARP, 601 E Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20049.
© 2015 AARP. All rights reserved.