Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have questions about Living Wills or Advance Directives? Ask our Expert.

Message 11 of 14

Is it possible to get a will form for Oregon from AARP that we can just fill out and have notarized?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you have questions about Living Wills or Advance Directives? Ask our Expert.

Message 12 of 14

@GailL1   Thank you for your question.  Amanda will be answering these questions next week - March 11-18th.  

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

MY 1st QUESTION:

Health Care Directives, at least in my state, I assume so in others as well, also gives you the option of having or not certain types of life-sustaining treatments.  Tube feeding is one of these options.

If I specify in my Health Care Directive that I DO NOT want a tube feeding to keep me alive and my appointed Health Care Directive Representative also knows of my wishes - Can a  health care provider or a state force it upon me because of "humanitarian" gestures of not wanting me to starve to death?

An example of this might be in the late stages of Alzheimer disease but there are others as well.

Who has the final say in carrying out your wishes at times like these?  The state or the individual?

MY SIGNATURE: "It’s Always something" - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you have questions about Living Wills or Advance Directives? Ask our Expert.

Message 14 of 14

AARP Expert: Caregivers Series:  Week 2:  Living Wills/Advance Directives, March 11-17

Welcome to week two of our four week Caregiving Expert Series here in the AARP Online Community, Caregiving Forum.  Our AARP Expert, Amanda Singleton , is here to help with Legal and Financial questions you have as a Caregiver.

This week’s topic is Living Wills and Advance Directives

living will goes into effect when you are no longer able to make your own decisions. A medical power of attorney is the advance directive that allows you to select a person you trust to make decisions about your medical care if you are temporarily or permanently unable to communicate and make decisions for yourself

Do you have questions about living wills and advance directives?  Let us help you find answers.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies