Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Depressed or Tired?

Struggling to determine if I'm Depressed or just tired

0 Kudos

Single 48 caretaker of mother but she refused to give up the financial board. I came home 3 years ago and paid up 3 years of back taxes and had the roof repaired the roof falling in to only fix  2 bathroom s, washer,dryer,paint the house  and catch up on bills and will not afmit monthly when she forgets bills. I now have a father forgetting and he has always been on top of it but he is forgetting too now. I am now living in a house of two people I buy groceries and clean and take care of now. I am about to lose it. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Making time for myself in prayer has really helped me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m so sorry for you. My sister has been 24/7 care for her husband on Hospice for 9 months now.  She feels the same. She signed up with the Dept of Human Resources to get caregiving Help. This way she can get away several short times each week. 

If your parents don’t qualify, maybe you can hire someone or ask family members to help you get a break. 

YOU NEED DOWN TIME!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I understand, my journey is one that is much too long to write. I find peace when I get up early sit in the back yard and read my daily bible scriptures, then listen to worship music. You have to find that moment for private "me time" for you. Our journeys will take time, its also o.k. to see a mental health counselor.  GOD Bless You

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP