Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

DRIVING MISS DAISY IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!

Message 1 of 1

I AM A 40 YEAR OLD ADULT FEMALE CHILD CARING FOR MOM. IT WILL BE 4 YEARS OCTOBER 13TH OF THIS YEAR THAT MY MOM SUFFERED A SEVERE STROKE AND IN AN INSTANT BOTH OF OUR LIVES CHANGED SO DRAMATICALLY.  MY MOM WENT FROM BEING THIS VERY INDEPENDENT,NEVER CRYING,LOVING LIFE, WORKING FULL TIME ON HER JOB FOR 32 YEARS, WALKING WITH HER LITTLE SILVER CANE,GOING OUT WITH HER GIRLFREINDS, GOING SHOPPING TO AN INDIVISUAL WHO LOST HER INDEPENDENCE, HER SPEECH,HER MOBILITY TO WALK ,HER ABILITY TO SWALLOW,EVEN HER ABILITY TO REMEBER THINGS AT TIMES WITHIN 24 HOURS OF BEING ADMITTED INTO THE HOSPITAL WHICH EVENTUALLY WAS FORCED TO RETIRE MUCH EARLIER THAN SHE EXPECTED.  IN A NUTSHELL, HER LIFE,UNFAIRLY WAS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN,ANDMY LIFE FOLLOWED QUICKLY AFTER.  I WAS TOLD BY MY OTHER SIBLINGS THAT I WOULD HAVE THEIR HELP,BUT IN THE END, I AMTOTALLY ON THIS JOURNEY BY MYSELF.  MY MOM CRIES ALL THE TIME BECAUSE SHE IS GRIEVING, I CRY FREQUENTLY AS WELL,BECAUSE I AM GRIEVING ALSO BUT NOT IN FRONT OF HER,BECUASE I NEED TO PUT ON A "GOOD FACE" FOR MY MOM BECAUSE I LOVE HER VERY MUCH. HER DOCTOR PRESCRIBES ANTI DEPRESSANT MEDICATION BUT I STOPPED GIVING IT TO HER MONTHS AGO BACAUSE SHE BECAME SO AGGRESSIVE WHEN SHE WOULD TAKE IT AND I AM SCARED SHE MIGHT HURT ME OR HERSELF ONE DAY BECAUSE SHE DOSENT REALIZE HER OWN STRENGTH.  MY QUESTION IS, IS THERE ANYONE OUT HERE THAT CAN RELATE TOTHIS?  SHOULD I JUST ALLOW HER TO GO THE MOTIONS OF DEPRESSION NATURALLY OR TALK TO HER DOCTOR ABOUT ANOTHER MEDICATION? THE CATCH WITH THAT AS WELL IS MY MOM IS ALREADY TAKING 13 PILLS IN THE AM AND 6 PILLS IN THE P.M.    DO I REALLY WANT TO BE ON YET ANOTHER PILL?  IM NOT SURE ITS WORTH IT. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies