Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Comedian Jim Breuer on Caring for his Dad and the Importance of Laughter

Community Concierge

Comedian Jim Breuer on Caring for his Dad and the Importance of Laughter

Good afternoon caregiving community! 

Last year, AARP held a comedy event for caregivers in LA featuring some outstanding comedians. One of those comedians, Jim Breuer, actually cared for his father, who had Alzheimer's. In a recent video, put together by AARP Studios, Jim discusses the importance of laughing through the tough times.

You can watch the VIDEO HERE

Let me know, how important is laughter in your day to day caregiving journey with your loved one? 

Jen

AARPJen
Caregiving Concierge
AARP Expert

I love this video because I feel like Jim and I think alike - especially the last thing he says in the video. Made me cry but made me feel so good that there are others out there who feel the way I do about caregiving. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Tough watching video, and I'm sure every caregiver & former caregiver can relate to it! The scene where he's checking his father's progress in the bathroom, and comes out gagging .. I unfortunately remember the one time I had to deal with an accident. And his comment about "don't give him any fruit or salad", made me laugh! I remember some well-meaning friend or relative suggesting vegetables for my aunt, and I thought, "She has no clue!"

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Community Concierge

@EveRH A lot of people have been relating to that very thing! 

AARPJen
Caregiving Concierge
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP