Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Caregiving 101

Hello~

I am new to the community and wanted to introduce myself.  As the new "only family member" caregiving for my mother after my fathers recent passing I'm navigating new water.  I currently have my own physical issues and trying to improve the safety of our home while under attack from construction.  Dealing with the construction that has severely damaged my property, made entering my home impossible at times, and finally got legal assistance, I am overwhelmed.  Looking for people to share these issues and gain knowledge.  I really want to be proactive, looking ahead at new situations and staying positive.  I would love to share thoughts on these experiences and trade ideas. 

Donna ~
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello,

I just read your post.  Since it doesn't state exactly what kind of help you are needing, I can only give you advice from my "new" experiences with Alzheimer. We had to move my Mother in with us about the time you posted and it has been a wild ride so far!

One item we had to do is label all the cabinets, doors, and appliances with painter's tape to help her know which room she is entering, which is the washer and dryer, or which cabinet to find her coffee cup and plate.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP