Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Concierge

Caregiver Home Hacks

I just read this articlehttp://wfla.com/2016/05/16/local-business-offers-safety-solutions-for-seniors/ about a company that comes into homes and provides solutions to help keep loved ones in their homes longer. 

It got me thinking.....

What would make your life easier in home? Do you have hacks that you use currently that help you care for your loved one in an easier way? 

AARPJen
Caregiving Concierge
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

We just released seven new Caregiving Hacks. Check them out HERE

AARPJen
Caregiving Concierge
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Here is another interesting hack you can make for a loved one. While it is marketed for children, I think this could be used for any age!

13524286_1297741893587525_7020839343270251833_n.jpg

AARPJen
Caregiving Concierge
Honored Social Butterfly

Some of these are probably good ideas, but having lived with 2 seniors with different challenges, I would be concerned that a family would be talked into expensive modifications .. that within a short time will still be inadequate for the senior to live at home safely. So the family changes all the door knobs to handles, installs grab bars in all the bathrooms, replaces all the carpet with hard flooring .. at significant expense .. and 6 months later the senior doesn't remember how to get to the bathroom, or use the telephone.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP