Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: CAREGIVERS ARE SPECIAL PEOPLE

Message 11 of 13

Thank you for your post. I am a 50 something yr old male. I am the sole caregiver for my wife, who’s 5 yrs younger. I stopped working 4 yrs ago to care for my beautiful wife. I definitely have my moments. I overcome them by just thinking about how difficult life is for my wife. Your post provided a nice change of perspective for me. 

Thanks again,

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: CAREGIVERS ARE SPECIAL PEOPLE

Message 12 of 13
Thank you for this message. Caregiving is our God given purpose...but one of those trials that is often more difficult than others.
Caregiving for the Soul
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

CAREGIVERS ARE SPECIAL PEOPLE

Message 13 of 13

God bless all Caregivers -

I was a caregiver to both my mother and father until their demise. It was the most unrewarding and difficult challenge I could have ever experienced - until I realized that it was my purpose.  Caregiving can leave us feeling drained and destroyed if we don't recognize our purpose. Until I realized that caregiving was not a job but a precious gift from God, I struggled everyday. Once we see past the  lonliness and anger that caregiving can bring we will understand that it can be the most rewarding life experience we'll ever encounter.  I have written a book for the purpose of helping caregivers realize who we truly are.  It tells how we have been prepared and chosen for the task. We are God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10).  We are a beautiful people. I want to share just an excerpt from the book. I am sure that if you read through the pages it will help you on your journey. Caregiving is not an easy task but once we understand our purpose can live an enjoyable life of giving.

.....just like my friend, we may come face to face with many challenges during our caregiving experience. We may even lose our focus as a result. However, those challenges come to make us strong. It is during these times that we must come to grips and recognize who we really are. It is in those moment of sadness that we must remember that we are more than conquerors. We are important! Everyone cannot do what we do because they do not have the strength or stamina required to fulfill the purpose. We are the chosen, and we have to acknowledge that Satan will try his best to deceive us and break us down. Do not fall into his trap of misconception. It is during these times that we need to step away, re-evaluate and act on our belief that God will supply our every need. Let us not be fooled by the negative situations surrounding us (and believe me there will be many), but let us learn to choose our battles and turn things around for our own benefit (sanity). Many of us today are walking around, showing the world that we have been defeated. It's all right to sink into the realm of self-pity occasionally, but we can't fall in the pit and stay there. We hae to get us and keep moving. Yes, we feel hurt, yes, we feel abandoned, and yes, we fell alone.  God did not promise us a life full of happiness and joy. He allows trials and tribulations to test us, but He also allows us the use of His weaponry (His word) to win the battles. It is through our victories that we become stronger and wiser people. We are more than conquerors.....

God bless the caregivers of the world. You're so precious.

Bernita A. Glenn

"Behind Every Dark Cloud-A Caregivers Heart"

Kudos
Views
Replies