Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Brookdale Senior Living

I moved my mother out of  a Brookdale Senior Living Faucility at the end of January 2015, this is now April.  I spoke to Brookdale Customer Service and they were good with payments.  There was a balance owed and I have been paying Brookdale every month after.  It would appear that it doesn't matter to Brookdale.  Eventhough I was paying Brookdale, they turned the remaining bill/balance over to a Collection Agency.  So if we want to have your loved ones live at a Brookdale Facility, make sure that all is paid or you too shall end up having to deal with a collection agency.  Don't trust them.

K Bell

Grants NM

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

@kb45357917 wrote:

I moved my mother out of  a Brookdale Senior Living Faucility at the end of January 2015, this is now April.  I spoke to Brookdale Customer Service and they were good with payments.  There was a balance owed and I have been paying Brookdale every month after.  It would appear that it doesn't matter to Brookdale.  Eventhough I was paying Brookdale, they turned the remaining bill/balance over to a Collection Agency.  So if we want to have your loved ones live at a Brookdale Facility, make sure that all is paid or you too shall end up having to deal with a collection agency.  Don't trust them.

K Bell

Grants NM

Most of these places are for profit, and at some point, debt that has gotten old gets passed along to a collection agency just to get it off the books. It's an accounting thing, nothing personal. It's annoying, but standard practice. I'm sorry there's such a big balance. Long term care is expensive. 

All the best to you and your mother,

Jane

0 Kudos

I'm sorry you had that experience. Have you checked into Silverdo? My friend put her grandmother there and she says great things about them. 

0 Kudos

I just moved my Mom out of there last month. You are so right. I had been trying to pay the bill and they couldn't get it correct. They were charging her for outrageous level of care she was not receiving. Then when I did make a payment anyway and ask them to get adjusted they give her an eviction notice. It wasn't until a week ago I received a bill from them with an adjustment of $4,000.00. I already had them take off $3,000.00. Oh they do want your money.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP