Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Baby Boomers

Hi there Baby Boomers, do you feel that 60 is the new 40? I do. We are unique and wonderful cohort group. I always said think Young and you will be Young. I started back in figure skating at age 60 - yes 60. Few months later secured a coach, fast forward 18 months - competed in 5 competitions, placed second in 4 and last June earned 2 Gold Medals - wow an amazing accomplishment. I plan to continue with my skating and have set my goal to particpate in the 2020 National Adult Figure Skating Championships in Las Vegas, I competed in the 2018 National Adult Figure Skating Championships which was held here in Lake Tahoe and placed second. Allow yourself to dream, dream big - for when you believe anything is possible. Educated in Adaptive Fitness/Therapy and Geronotology - the key to healthy aging is "Staying Active" something simple like regular walking or whatever interests you. Celebrate being a part of the Best generation ever!

Contributor

I just had an accident at home.( live alone) and my daughter came from another state for two weeks and was my caregiver.  I appreciated the care she gave me.

i have repaid her, but it’s not enough.  As soon as I am up and about I will buy

her a gift certificate.

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

@ElgyB180770 wrote:

I just had an accident at home.( live alone) and my daughter came from another state for two weeks and was my caregiver.  I appreciated the care she gave me.

i have repaid her, but it’s not enough.  As soon as I am up and about I will buy

her a gift certificate.

Hey there, ElgyB. I hope you have recovered from your accident. OUCH. I am so glad that your daughter was available and willing and capable!  Do you feel as though she will not be available to you in the future, if you don't pay her? Did she have leave from work and got paid that way? I'm just being nosy, really, and i wonder for myself if I will have the financial means to 'repay' them when i need them. Because i will have a very modest income in my retirement. 

It's Thanksgiving Day, and i know you and I both have a lot to be grateful for.

Take care, and heal thoroughly!

Jane

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP