Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

App to help caregivers with elderly care

Contributor

App to help caregivers with elderly care

I realize that advertising is generally a no-no on these kinds of message boards, and I sincerely apologize if I'm violating forum policy. But I genuinely hope that the app I have developed can help some of you. It is less of a marketing campaign and more my personal story.

I lost my grandmother to Alzheimer's a few years ago. I remember it was very eye opening at the time to see the incredible burden on the caregiver- physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Since I am a mobile developer my trade, I spent the last year and a half working on an app to help remotely care for an elderly individual- especially one with cognitive impairment. Not sure if this is of use or interest to anyone here, but I sure hope so! I hope some of you can check it out and give me some feedback. Basically: you pair your app with your patient's (grandparent, parent, uncle, etc), and get real-time updates and visualizations about their safety, health, and wellness.

This is not your ordinary location tracker: it is chock full of advanced activity and behavior recognition like stress detection, sleep detection, extended inactivity, extreme weather, fall detection, etc. I hope its something a bit different that makes the caregiver experience simpler and easier.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.burlymarmot.peaceofmind.caregiver_v2

Please feel free to respond with any feedback you may have, or message me directly. While there are premium (paid) features, the goal here is not to make any money- just hoping not to lose too much on server related expenses, which are quite high for this app.

I hope you enjoy Peace of Mind! It was a lot of hard work, and all with the singular purpose of improving the experience of caregivers like myself. Thanks! 

I have an IPhone.  Is there a way for me to use this app.  Please!!!!

My FIL has mild dementia, progressing much more in the last 3 years.  My MIL has moderate dementia, which started from a mild stroke in Aug. 2007.  So, I have been a caregiver/manager for over 13 years.  They both still live in their same house, and now I have 3 caregivers that help throughout the week.  

I have been looking for an app that my BIL, the 3 caregivers, and I can access and share information to keep updated on what's happening each day, the schedules. concerns, and what's needed.  

Can't wait to hear from you!

Contributor

Thanks for your comment!

You can check us out at: peaceofmind.ai

Unfortunately, we don't support iOS at the moment. I hope once we get some early users, we can port it over. 

There aren't any features in the app that allow the caregivers to chat with themselves or the patient directly, but you get a lot of cool data about what the patient is up to, where they are, their fitness history, etc. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP