Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Expert

Advice for the Younger Generations?

I'd love from those of you who are caregiving for your parents in their senior years.   I'm interested in hearing about how your caregiving experiences are influencing the conversations with your kids about your wishes for the future.   Are you passing down the knowledge you've gained as a caregiver?  All input and thoughts welcome! 

Amanda Singleton
All posts are intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions. The posting and viewing of the information in this community should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal or tax advice in any particular circumstance or fact situation. The information presented may not reflect the most current legal developments. An attorney should be contacted for advice on specific legal issues. Nothing written in this community is intended to create an attorney‑client relationship. An attorney-client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement.
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

As a "baby boomer" following 9-11 I decided to never put my daughters in the position to decide about elder care. I will go whenever my time is; no elder care.

I have plans in writing to donate my body, have cremation, then ashes to "diamonds" for my girls to do whatever they feel appropriate.

I remember going to my dad's grave to talk to him; I don't want my girls to do that; it's not healthy.

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP