I'm a caregiver for my mother and right now she lives alone. My father passed away in July this year and it was the next day after i entered my story about him. Whenever I go to the store or drug store and if I purchase something that is 2 for or buy 10 I give her half. 2 loves of bread i take one and give her the other one. This helps me so I won't have to go to the store twice. 10 for - 5 for me and 5 for her. It doesn't bother me if I have to spend my money because she is my mother and I have to take care of her. When I cook something like a large pot of soup, chili beans or a casserole there is always enough for her. This keeps her out of the kitchen and helps me so I don't have to cook 2 meals. When i buy in bulk half goes to her. She doesn't like it when I spend my money but its easier for me. If she wants something from the store she gives me the money or atm car the day before so I don't have to come back, I take care of it when I leave her or I do the shopping the next morning and then take it to her. This is easier for me and saves time. Basically I know what she needs and wants. I'm retired now so this is my new job. It is hard at times. God Bless the Caregivers.

Anita

AARP Terms of Service