Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: money saving tip

Message 41 of 47

I think the best way to save money long-term is to invest it in the stock market. Having a broker handle the dealings reduces the risk to a minimum. I have found saving money by investing very helpful in the past. Even the small ideas suggested by otthers which does not take a look at the bigger picture posted by the members above look very helpful. I hope you go through them and also look at investment plans with proper knowlegde about the market.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 47

@RobertB197178, even though your suggestion is a good one it is not very timely.  We are at the end of the longest and biggest bull markets in US history.  It is unwise to put your wealth into the market at the end of a bull market.  The market has increased 300% since 2008.  The problem is, what goes up will go down.  I have been taking money out of the market for over a year to take profit.

The huge issue with investing in the market is you need to know how the market works or you are just gamboling with your money.  There is always a element of risk but the less you know the greater your risk. 

My advice is to wait until after the market crashes to put new money into the market.  I would only invest in a few index funds. Only use a broker who will buy a solid index funds.  You may be better off investing through your 401k.  The investments are usually concervitive but may make you more money than bonds when there is a bull market.  What you need now are safe investments if you are an AARP member.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 47
I agree Ron. The older you get, the less you can afford to wait out a long downturn in the market.
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 47
We use a dryer deflector in the cold months here. It redirects the hot air back in to the house. The kit cost $7.00 at Ace Hardware.
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 47
You must be giving her money if it is causing you not to be able to pay your bills. Stop giving her money. If you have given a roof over her head, that is generous enough. The rest is up to her to include food.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 47

It will also add some mosture to your air.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 47
It does and since we use a wood stove, we also set a tea kettle on top.
Kudos
Views