Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

cats

people don't own cats.  Cats own people.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Saturday, February 2, 2019--6:54 am CST

I have a feral Calico cat named Dana. I've had  her since she was kitten, probably around 6 to 8 weeks when she started  hanging around where I worked (I did warehouse work. I'm now retired). I started feeding her and giving her water at work. My supervisor said I can take her 

home. Now Dana is 7 years old. I've had her since 2011.

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas, USA)

Info Seeker

Hi-
I feel such a kindred spirit with โ€œcat peopleโ€! (I hope you donโ€™t mind calling you one of us.๐Ÿ˜Š) I never thought Iโ€™d come to love my cat, thought I was always a dog person. But when my gorgeous pure white Turkish Angora (I think) named Winter was given to us, we all fell in love with him. Actually, heโ€™s my daughterโ€™s, given by a friend to help make my daughter cope with anxiety/depression from the loss of my husband ~ 3yrs ago. Winter is so sweet, and his demands for attention seem to come when one is sad and needed a โ€œfriendโ€. He lifts our spirits up! Iโ€™m sure you feel the same way with Dana, too. Hope you continue enjoying Danaโ€™s company as we are with our Winter!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP