Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do I find the cheapest prices online?

Message 11 of 37

eBay

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 37
I think the site is Honey not Homey.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 37

I don't buy any big ticket items without reading consumer reviews at various trusted sites first, even if I'm going to actually buy locally.  When I decide on an item, I compare prices at my go-to trusted sites to decide where to buy.  I never buy from a new online site unless they publicly display their address, phone number, and return policy, and I look them up at the Better Business Bureau where I read consumer complaints.  That said, I buy a majority of regular household items from Amazon and Walmart (ship to my local store for pickup).  If the item I'm looking at is sold from a third party vendor through either of these sites, I look at that vendor's consumer feedback first. I have been buying all of my computer parts for years online from Newegg from whom I purchased all the parts used on my last two personal computer builds, as well computers I've worked on for others.  My hubby does a lot of automotive work (not his personal profession) and orders most of his parts online from Rock Auto at nearly half price for our own automobiles as well as others that he works on for friends and family.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 37
If you shop Amazon.com, try https://wikibuy.com/ Wikibuy is a browser extension that finds lower prices at other sellers (e.g., Walmart, Target, eBay, Jet, and others you might find with a Google search) while you shop on Amazon. Simply navigate to any product page on Amazon and Wikibuy will start working automatically.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 37

Could you mean www.honey.com and not Homey?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 37

For hotels I use goseek.com then compare prices to other services.

for cruises I go to cruisesonly.com and vacationstogo.com's 90 day ticker

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 37

Rather than "Homey" (i.e., with an m), do you perhaps mean "Honey" (with an n)? I ask because the latter spelling is the only one that cited sites when I did a search for both terms.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 37

Slight correction.  It's Honey with an n, rather than Homey.

I also check for coupons at Retail Me Not.  Some work quite well.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 37

I just added Honey this weekend and used it once to save $8 on a small 2 item purchase.  It compared coupons quickly and and found a discount cheaper than the current JC Penny code I would have used.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 37

Try adding honey to your Add-ons in your browser. Every time you go to buy something online, honey comes up on the right side of the screen to offer coupons that it has for that website.

Kudos
Views