Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Info Seeker

Re: What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Message 721 of 729 (275 Views)

First, I would set up a trust for our son, then I would give some to my relatives - especially those who have lived "lean" for many years. Then, with whatever is left, I would invest in an in-ground pool & hire someone to repaint the whole interior of our home and install new flooring. I sure hope that "windfall" is a BIG one! Ha ha ha!

Super Social Butterfly

Message 722 of 729 (275 Views)

I would pretend I was Uncle Scrooge and fill my basement with money and roll around and swim in it!  🎩🤑💰💵💴💷💶💸💎

Info Seeker

Message 723 of 729 (275 Views)

I would get a really nice RV, self- contained, and travel from one state to another. 

In each state, I would volunteer at various animal rescue organizations, for about a month or so at least, depending on their needs.

Then, as I would leave, I'd cut each organization a very large check....to help them out until I come back around!!!!

Info Seeker

Message 724 of 729 (275 Views)

I would buy land for my family.  If there is any money left I would donate to various charities.

Info Seeker

Message 725 of 729 (275 Views)

What kind of lottery ticket that that person have that he could sit on it for almost a year? Most power balls and other lottery tickets expire in 180 days.  I tell my kids if I did win a large amount I would first get a facelift and a financial advisor. Then I would disappear from my shady family. 

Info Seeker

Message 726 of 729 (275 Views)

I would repair the damage done to the outside of my home by my sprinkler system, and then get it painted.

Info Seeker

Message 727 of 729 (275 Views)

I would love to buy a new home for my two daughters and their families, so they wouldn't have to struggle so much.  Also start a college tuition fund for our grandchildren.  Help with a building fund at our church.  If any is left over, remodel our home so make it more "age accessible " so my husband and I can remain in our home as we age, and add a master bathroom to our bedroom.  

Info Seeker

Message 728 of 729 (275 Views)

Get the entire family tree out of debt.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 729 of 729 (269 Views)

It's all in how large the windfall is. But first priority is paying off all debt. If there is anything left, I would invest in making the rest of my life financially secure. From there, I will determine if there is room for any self-indulgence; if not, that's fine, especially if I can accomplish step one.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 730 of 729 (257 Views)

Kath68144 wrote:

I would pay off ALL of our bills, build a home and buy the necessary vehicles.  I would also give some money to immediate family members, as well as donate to a variety of charities.  Somewhere along the line, I'd take a trip to Ireland.

I hope you take your trip even if you don't come into a windfall

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith