Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Message 621 of 737
I been disability for three year first I pay my titles, pay off all my debt, get me a home, a car give to charities, travel, take care of my family and enjoy life
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 622 of 737

First of all I would thank God for His blessing.  Buy me a house.  Start a nonprofit business and donate heavy to different charities and my family

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 623 of 737

Payy off all debts first then give my wife a choice of continue working or retire and if anything left help my adult kids.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 624 of 737

i would pay off all my debts, invest some,use some for living expences, and use some to pay for my mother's care. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 625 of 737
Put it in the bank, receive almost no interest and hold it for the next generation.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 626 of 737

BREATHE!

I would pay off my mortgage, dump this house of pain, dump this vile evil city I sadly retired too, and MOVE out of a state that falsely accuses YOU of SOMEONE elses crime! Time for some warm weather too.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 627 of 737
If I got a sudden windfall of money, I'd put 1/4 of it in trust for my deaf adult child. Life is difficult for him and his future, like most people - but even more so - and is uncertain. I'd gift another 1/4 to the S.E.E. Center in Los Alamitos, California, which is a non-profit organization toward the development of literacy of deaf children. They have done so much for so many without the proper recognition they deserve. I'd take 1/4 of it and I'd pay off my mortgage. The last 1/4 I'd keep in reserve for retirement. If only.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 628 of 737

I would buy the hosue I am living in or find one more updated and buy it. I would build a shop and double car garage all heated and Air conditioned. THe shop would have a vacuum system to keep it clean while cutting up wood and other soft mess making things. I don't have any bills I can't handle currently. I would also start a business which would get some Homeless off the street and give them work and dignity. I would also pay for my burial services and buy family burial plots as I don't believe any of my family members have cemetary plots. I would set some aside for those who I have never met and are related to me. If there was something left after that, I would buy an annuity so I had enough to continue paying for what I started. There would be help for people down on their luck. I have been known to share what I have with others.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 629 of 737
I would take my whole family, my children,parents, siblings and their families on a vacation as we have never all been on one. Also remodel my home.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 630 of 737
pay debts off
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors