From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Message 601 of 737

If we're talking multi-millions, I would share it with my kids, become an active Republican and then do whatever we want to.  If we're talking $50K, I'd take the family on a cruise and bank the rest.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 602 of 737

If it were multi-millions, I would share with my children.  Become and active Republican and then do whatever we want to do.  If it's $50K, I'd take the family on a cruise and bank the rest. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 603 of 737
I would put down on a new house.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 604 of 737
The rest I would put in the bank and save for my kids future.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 605 of 737
If I were to receive a windfall of money, I would pay off my Mom's equity loan. With Dad gone, finances are difficult for her. She would help anyone who asked no matter if it was her last dollar. For some reason the folks who she helped out do not feel that have to pay her back. A grandchild actually said why bother paying her back because she will be dead and any money leftover would just go to her daughters. It is so sad how people treat the elderly family members. I want her to know that this kind of relative is a small percentage that she is loved and her family is taking care of her. Although I don't have a high income, I would give her my last dollar just so she feels love and is still wanted. I pray/wish for a windfall so I can give unconditionally to those who are in need, to only see the joy on their face.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 606 of 737
@krkos wrote:
If I were to receive a windfall of money, I would pay off my Mom's equity loan. With Dad gone, finances are difficult for her. She would help anyone who asked no matter if it was her last dollar. For some reason the folks who she helped out do not feel that have to pay her back. A grandchild actually said why bother paying her back because she will be dead and any money leftover would just go to her daughters. It is so sad how people treat the elderly family members. I want her to know that this kind of relative is a small percentage that she is loved and her family is taking care of her. Although I don't have a high income, I would give her my last dollar just so she feels love and is still wanted. I pray/wish for a windfall so I can give unconditionally to those who are in need, to only see the joy on their face.

That ungrateful grandchild would be one of your nieces or nephews .. right? Have you spoken to your sister/brother, about how they're raising their children, to use this as a learning opportunity for all of them?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 607 of 737
1) send the Federal government it's due
2) give 10% away to charities immediately
3) put the rest into my planning software and see where I am. Do not pre-spend it in my mind!

Sincerely,
Peter
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 608 of 737

Pay depts off, then put it into IRA or savings to live on

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 609 of 737
I just lost my husband of 53 years and I would use the money to live comfortably as the Government still hasn't paid me anything so still waiting. They three to six months and could use the money now.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 610 of 737

I would make some investments, pay off my debts and give a large sum to St judes Childrens Hospital my favorite charity, then take my Grandchildren to Disney and Universal Studios.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors