Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Retired Community Manager

Contributor

I would use it for a downpayment on a new  truck as ours is dying the slow death and travel to North Carolina then save the rest for a rainy day.

@AARPLynne wrote:

0 Kudos

I would help my kids with student loans first.  I would give something to charity but would have to ponder what one. if I even win.  I know that takes care of the full amount after taxes but if I had anything left I would love to go to Tuschany Italy.  Its a dream that I know I will never be able to afford.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Pay off my credit card and retire. It would be wonderful to not have too worry about finances for a change.
0 Kudos

I would just help my family..
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

I would fix my parent house
0 Kudos

I would fix my parents house..
0 Kudos
Contributor

We would "beef up" our 401K! 

Contributor

With a sudden windfall of money, I would first make sure my mom is in the best nursing/assisted living facility, pay off our debts, and the rest would go into my Roth 401K account for my senior years.

Pay for my much needed dental work and medical bills.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Help out some friends in need first!! Then take a really nice trip!!

@AARPLynne wrote:

0 Kudos

@AARPLynne wrote:

0 Kudos

I would pay off my $ 40,000 debt to my uncle Sam. And buy bonds with the rest , I don't know anything about investing. Help my disabled daughter
0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Pay all my bills and go on vacation.
0 Kudos
Info Seeker

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I have lots of bills to pay hoping I'll win
0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Pay all my bills and go on vacation
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would pay off my mortgage and go out to dinner.
0 Kudos

First, I would pay my tithe,

Then, I would pay off debts & invest

Next, I would give to family & charity,

Finally, I would take a long vocation & go shooping.Woman Very Happy

0 Kudos

I would take very good care of my parents and my brother. These people who have always been there for me deserve the best!
0 Kudos

I think I would have to pay income taxes and deduct my monthly Social Security Checks from it until it ran out. Isn't that required when your income exceeds a certain dollar amount as set out by Social Security Guidlines? Maybe it's not such a good idea to do the AARP Sweepstakes entry everyday???

0 Kudos

Try to recover from the complete devastation of my husband and I both losing our longtime jobs within a month of each other in 2012. With the economy so bad, finding any job, let alone one's that might pay even close to what we were used to was nearly impossible. I'd use a windfall to pay off the credit card debt we've gotten into, help my college student & maybe try to start a retirement fund again. We burned through all of our retirement & can now look forward to working till death.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would give a portion to my church, pay off my bills, invest, and live on the rest.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Depends on the amount received.  First of course I would pay off my mortgage, and remodel.  Pay off school loans, children's and grandchildren, and put money aside for college needs.  Help my children some and grandchildren pay off debt.  Help my church and organizations I believe help society.  Put some aside for my later years and travel a little. 

0 Kudos

Would retire completely - at 76 still working part time to supplement income.   10% or more to our Church and invest balance.

0 Kudos

Travel!!!!
0 Kudos

I would pay off all indebtedness make sure grandchildren have college fund. And donate to church and charitable organizations
0 Kudos

Traveling money!!!!

0 Kudos

Pay off my mortgage, invest in BONDS, and take a family vacation.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would help my grandchildren pay for their college education so that they can go on to better their world and society and hopefully do the same for others.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP