Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Retired Community Manager

Contributor

Thank GOD!!!
0 Kudos
Contributor

A windfall would be such a blessing! I would pay off my children's student loans plus my own. The balance, if any, would go towards a master's degree so I could continue a new career after teaching.
0 Kudos

Pay off my House. I lost my job 2 years ago behind on payments. live on social security can't make ends meet
0 Kudos

Having to start over, am jobless, carless, moneyless, and on verge of homeless. Need job to get money to get car to get own place to live, to build savings again. Need car to get to job to do all above and round and round and round we go. Want to go back to school to become more marketable, out of work force ten years while caring for parents. Now I'm outdated. Just need an inch, I can turn it into a mile. Let the challenges begin.
0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would definitely share it. First with my immediate family members, distant family members and people like you. The people who are well off and those who would leave their money to charity; they can first be their brothers keeper. Everybody can use a little help once in a while. You can be a maricle in someone's life.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would pay off one of my daughter's student loan, some credit card debt and buy a car as mine is approaching the 10 year mark and no doubt will soon nickel and dime me to death! Whatever is left, will go towards paying off my home.
0 Kudos

As much as I could to help the special people in my life!

0 Kudos

I would secure my retirement, give rest to my kids to do as they wish.
0 Kudos

I'd pay off the medical bills I seem to be accumulating. Golden years - ha!

0 Kudos

I could feel much more secure in case I experienced a catastrophic illness.  As it is now, such a thing would probably wipe me out and I'd have to go live with children - a very unpleasant thought.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would give funds to DREAM, an area drug abuse non-profit agency, give a sum to each grandchild with the assignment to develop a creative way to use the money, finance a trip in August with a friend and save the rest to make memories and do the things remaining on my Bucket List
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would give it to my twenty grandchildren,and travel a little.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Invest it because I will be needing retirement community to live in within a few years. It will help me afford that.
0 Kudos

I am 64 yrs old and I would retire.  Can not wait to retire and be home with my husband who has been retired for 10 years.  And, of course, depends on the windfall I would pay on our home mortage.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Definitely invest for retirement!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have a van i have been trying to get legally on the road and then i would take a small vacation with my family. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos

We would pay tithe first and then pay off the house and our other bills, and then

@AARPLynne wrote:

help our children with their bills. 

0 Kudos

Provide education and a secure retirement for my children.

0 Kudos

I would get me a new car.plus help my children
0 Kudos

I would help fund my grandson's college tuition so he does not have to take on thousands and thousands of dollars of debt to get his degree.

0 Kudos

Give away to my local ESL literacy organization and travel with the other have.
0 Kudos

I would invest in more ways to thwart the cancer that has taken over my wife's body so that we could enjoy traveling in our old age together.
0 Kudos

I would use the money to travel. We can't afford to without that money.
0 Kudos
Contributor

First I would say thank you, because I know it was a blessing from God.l'm out of a job it would help me so much because I'm not able to work. Would give and pay off bills and fix my house before it fall in.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Give a portion to some good charities, keep some for living expenses  (currently looking for work - so I'd probably keep enough for 6-7 years of living expenses), save some, give some as gifts to my family.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Breath a sign of relief that there will be enough money to survive and take care of my elderly mother without feeling like I'm on a sinking ship in the middle of nowhere.

0 Kudos

I would quite work, pay off my duplex and some of my charge cards.  Then start having some fun with family and my three Grandsons at local hot spots.

0 Kudos

RETIRE!
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would pay off all debts including car loan which has gone on forever.  Depending on the amount, put down payment on a home that my children would inherit.  Assist my children in their debts and dreams.  Invest in medical insurance to cover the gap between medicare and doctor, hospital expenses.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP