Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a sudden windfall of money?

Retired Community Manager

Contributor

I'd thank the Lord first and then pay off all my debt and retire before I'm 70 and then spend some time with my grand children who have become so distant to me.  I'd also help ASPCA with all those poor innocent animals that don't have many people on their side.  I'd work on finding placement, food and a way for dropouts and children whose families have put them out and given up on them.  Mine included, his mother put him out, my daughter, can you beleive that. He told me that he is not the only one out there.  There are lots of children his age and younger going through the same delima.

Contributor

Payoff all my bills and retire.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Pay off credit card debt and my car. Depending on how much I received, I would possibly pay off my mortgage and then invest the rest. Oh....and take a really nice vacation.....

0 Kudos

Pay off debt and buy a dependable vehicle.

@AARPLynne wrote:

0 Kudos

Since I am laid for two years and the government has stopped unemployment and I have depleted all of my resources, I would pay off my house before I loose it.

Pay off my mortgage

0 Kudos
Contributor

Apply it to our mortgage.
0 Kudos

Celebrate with a huge Family Reunion (8 years is too long) We live in different countries so it is difficult.  Then I would pay off all debts, and put the rest into savings/mutual funds>

@AARPLynne wrote:

0 Kudos

I would pray enough blows directly in my hands so I could pay off my debt.  Immediately,  I would pay my electric bill.  A whopping $590. +.  IM scheduled for shut-off on June 8.  Im afraid.  It will take over a year or more to come with all the money I will need to get it back on. Im praying for a miracle.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would build 2 homeless shelter s one for cats and one for people
0 Kudos

I would pay off debt.

0 Kudos

With a windfall of money I would take a world cruise. My husband and I are retiring at the end of this month.  Combined we have worked for the same company for 75 years.  We are ready to spend time traveling and relaxing.

Contributor

Here's the deal. I' d love to complete the circuit to enter more often but have been bombarded by AARP pop- ups! I am already a member so the " let us tell you how AARP can make life better" is totally frustrating.

That being said, my husband and I would take that long awaited trip to sunny Key West. Last time there was just after receiving a second cancer diagnosis and before bilateral mastectomies, chemo and radiation. The body is different but the anticipation of adventure has not faded. Snorkeling! Grand tortugas! Crazy good food!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Pay for renovations on my mother's house.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Help daughter payoff student loans so she can start fresh.  Then, travel.  Have a great time with the grand kids. Visit a relative who is a Rhodes Scholar and have him sign my book.

0 Kudos

i would pay off my student loans then put the rest into a retirement plan so that I might eventually have the chance to leave town and see some other parts of our country.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Depends on the windfall's size. Pay bills, retire, help family are all options.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would tithe to God  and then pay everything off and help family and whoever needed help.

Contributor

Pay outstanding bills, pay down on mortgage, send my children and grandchildren some to help. Then invest the rest in a safe investment.

0 Kudos

Take my family on a much needed Vacation ,my husband has had 3 heart attacks and in 2004 he had a triple bypass he is 57 years old now ,and all he has had is health problems....A windfall would be Wonderful  🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

Take a vacation and then put away remaining monies in savings

0 Kudos
Contributor

Pay off my debts, retire early!
0 Kudos

well it depens on how much. i would give back to the ones that has helped me and my family all these years. then i would get a nice car ive always had junk an can never seem to afford to keep them on the road with the budget i have to live on. then i would buy a home and som live insurance so i will be able to leave my children somin wen i pass away. my children are my life and i  want them to not have to worrie wen im gone im all they have...Heart i enter contests all the time i have faith i will win somin som day thats the only way ill ever be able to do any of these things ive become dissabled and now cant work it really sucks... thanks for listening urs truly rhonda greg & haley...Woman Happy

Contributor

Pay some bills, some to charity, and the rest to savings for an emergency.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would pay off my bills, my son's balance on his funeral bill, put money away for my daughters college. Buy a car for my daughter and I. Get the home rewired and give to the charities I volunteer with. Get a new bathroom upstairs. I know God is able
Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

What I need most is my transportation back and independence. maybe I will consider a better place to live.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Windfall could be anything from a few thousand $$ to millions from a lotto win.  I'd start with paying off our house mortgage (our only debt).  I'd then set aside funds to keep us and whomever survises comfortable to the end.  But then it gets fun from traveling first class to philanthrophy.

Tom Nelson

0 Kudos

Pay off my debts, fix up house and yard, get a reliable car. Then I would try to help someone else, not in any particular order.
0 Kudos
Contributor

If I win the ' widfall of money ', I would spend more time in my dedication

to our Men and Women Afghanistan / Iraq  War Veterans with

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ( PTSD ). In our Armed Forces out of

2,600,000 who have served, 880,000 Marines and soldiers have PTSD.

Sincerely,

Jerome V. Blum,M.D. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP