Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Struggling with Escalating Rent

Message 31 of 31

It seems that rents are increasing at such a rate, they've become fodder for comic strips.  In Sally Forth on Monday, Ted predicted his daughter would need 12 roommates in order to live in the city when she grew up.  Reading that prompted me to find another way to approach to my need for a roommate.

There are several roommate websites out there, but other than Craigslist, I had yet to find one that did not charge a fee.  Since entrepreneurs profiting from my plight without providing any guarantee of help seemed too great a risk for me to take on my limited means, I haven't investigated any.

The other day, on a whim, I Googled senior roommates and found a website called Senior Home Shares, and it is free.  Since you get what you pay for, its terms of use exonerates itself of any chicanery on the part of any of its members, but it also provides sound advice on how to avoid dishonesty.  Since I've only recently discovered it, I can't recommend it, but it seemed genuine to me and easy to use, so I'm giving it a try. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views