Regular Social Butterfly

Safety net cell service?

Anyone aware of a cell service, ie pay as you go.  Right now my ex uses Consumer Cellular but hasn't made a call in months.  A simple phone service that would allow her to make emergency calls, even outgoing call to limited numbers, at a premium call rate or a fixed annual rate, would beat the $18/mo, $225/ annual she is paying today.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have had a tracfone for at least 10 years now. It isn't a smartphone, just a regular flip phone. I have a few hundred hours of minutes as I very seldom use it. Got it for emergencies. I buy the year card for around 100 bucks. Gives you about 300 minutes a year. The last couple of years I take the $15 off instead of minutes. Funny, as I was debating on getting rid of that one and getting consumer cellular, but need to use up my minutes or waste them.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Spectrum Inc has a plan that will give you (if in their service territory) a plan that will give you voice, text, and internet service (1Gig data plan) for $14/ month.  It's basically a Verizon plan that doesn't cost much!

Spectrum Launches a New Mobile Plan Starting at $14 a Month | Cord Cutters News

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Virtual Community Center 

Offering a wide variety of FREE interactive, online events and classes designed for learning, self-improvement, and fun. Learn More

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health