Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: No more AARP free donuts at Dunkin Donuts.

Message 31 of 62

Spoke with the manager of the DD here in NM and she said "AARP SEVERED the ties with DD", so sad, thought AARP was there for the seniors, guess I was mistaken.  Such a small thing for them to do for the seniors!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 62

Same happened to me this week in PA. I most likely will not renew my AARP card this year. The free coffee was the main reason I got the card in the first place. This is very disappointing. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 62

Well I guest it's up to the chain store I live in Charlotte NC one chain has reduced the discount to 5% so I just drive fiive more blocks to another store that gives the discount and the customer service is better. If they change again I will just go to McDonalds the coffee is just a little behind Dunkin and a large is only a $1.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 62

Thanks for sharing this information.  I had the same issue, but I never learned from AARP what is going on.  What is AARP saying about this and if there is any other substiture or replacement for a popular coffee shop destination?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 62

Thank you to everyone providing feedback in the Online Community regarding the discontinuation of the AARP Benefit Offer at Dunkin Donuts. Unfortunately the AARP relationship with Dunkin Donuts came to an end as of January 31, 2018. Please know that AARP is always working to identify discount and other member benefit opportunities that meet the wants and needs of our members like you. Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for your AARP Membership.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 62

Exact same thing happened two days ago at the DD in Victor, NY.   They did not offer any explanaition, and when asked, the girl simply said she didnt know.   I wonder how many seniors and days it will take to stop visiting DD's to have a real financial impact on their bottom line that they will reinstate the discount?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 62

The problem is that we don't know if AARP or DD stopped the offer.  I did email and was just told that the relationship ended.  I do not go as often (I often went for the donut!) so they do lose some of my coffee $$.  But who knows why it did end.

~ K ~

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 62

It would have been helpful for AARP to issue a statement and an annoucement at least 30-days prior to the relationship ending.   Lots of frustrated people and wasted time making calls and emails, etc. not knowing what happened.   Get with it AARP...youre here to serve the members, not the other way around.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 62

I'm not sure that it matters who ended the relationship...   If it was DD, then they are indicating by their actions that they don't need seniors business to be sucessful, or they think that the seniors will come anyway regardless of the presence of a discount.   If AARP ended the relationship, then the members will take note that this benefit is no longer available and decide if they want to continue as a member.   For me, it's both...   I will no longer patronize Dunkin Donuts (based on the principle of how this was handled), and also watch closely how AARP handles their other relationships with the businesses I frequent.   Perhaps I'm not valued either way....time will tell...   The important thing to note is that our actions and how we spend $$ speak volumes.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 62

Thanks for the update. I also found out by experience. That perk was the only reason for shopping there.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors