Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: No more AARP free donuts at Dunkin Donuts.

Message 21 of 62

I just renewed my membership specifically for the DD free donut and just found out it was no longer available.  I probably won't renew again and I won't be going to Dunkin Donuts either.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 62

I like the comment from the member that it was good while it lasted.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 62

I also opened a case with Dunkin' Donuts and got the exact same reply. Seems they don't really care.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 62

I don't read the magazine, or really use much else.  I just wanted to know if DD stopped supporting AARP or if AARP dropped the offer.  It matters to me who supports AARP.  The membership fee  is inconsequential to me.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 62

I just tried to find out by calling DD.  They read me what sounded like a script.  The points I remember are they are independently owned, have no requirement for owners to offer senior discounts, and the agreement with Momma DD was that anyone displaying the AARP card could get a type of free donut with a L or XL coffee.  I asked how such an agreement was honored by all the independently owned operations I'd visited and they had no explanation.  They just reiterated the agreement ends NLT 3/31/18.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 62

I had the same thing happen to me in New Hampshire. I was very upset as i had been getting the discount for years. Tom Scirocco

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 62

My 'on the way to work with a drive-thru' place is offering it through 3/31/18.  Maybe it's time to put their app on my cell or fill out those surveys for the classic donut.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 62
Same here!!....the only benefit l actually used. Like most others on here I'll have to reconsider renewing my membership.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 62

Actually the DD free donut is the only thing I have used the card for since I got it. Now that I  retired I can look to see if there is something more I might use it for. And now that I just retired they did away with the discount.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 62

In addition to contacting DD and getting a canned response, I contacted AARP and got a clueless response. Apparently, no one at AARP monitors this community board and, after being on the phone for 25 minutes and transferred around, no one knew anything and they said the same thing DD said which was that they no longer participate and have other benefits available. They don't even have a clue that people are upset. I'm cancelling my membership! Maybe when enough people cancel, they'll realize that they dropped the ball.

Kudos
Views