Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: No more AARP free donuts at Dunkin Donuts.

Message 51 of 62

That's the canned response from DD.   I got the exact same one, word for word.

whats frustrating is the neither DD or AARP is being honest and forthright, admitting who severed the relationship.    Everything is carefully worded as to leave doubt as to who did it.    Apparently neither want to P.O. the seniors and risk losing customers / members.

i realize everyone joins AARP for their own reasons.   However, to many seniors, going to DD for coffee and a donut is part of solializing with friends.   At $2.75-ish for a large cup of coffee, the free donut makes you feel better about spending 15x to 20x versus what it costs to make a cup of coffee at home.    Apparently, this appears to be what DD and AARP fails to see...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 62
To you stewardship may be important, but getting value back in the form of discounts is important to others. Your general statement saying that anyone that doesn't understand your point of view about stewardship is very short sighted and selfish.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 62

@kenski55wrote:
To you stewardship may be important, but getting value back in the form of discounts is important to others. Your general statement saying that anyone that doesn't understand your point of view about stewardship is very short sighted and selfish.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 62

I’m from PHILLY and it happened to me without any notice. The DD discount was one of the few that I redeemed and felt like I was getting my money’s worh! The girl was very rude at DD too! She gave me the donut and then took it back!  Unbelievable!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 62

I have gone into 2 Dunkin Donuts in my area recently and bought the usual large iced coffee and X-large hot coffee and asked for the free donut. I was also told that the offer was over. When asked why they couldn't  tell me since the staff speak minimal English in the two I go to. When I got the free donut there before they gave me a hard time and I always have to ask for it a couple times before I actually get it. That's okay though. Its too bad the offer is over. It was a bonus while it lasted. I'm fine with making my coffee at home. Getting the free donut kind of equalled out the cost. The large coffee alone isn't worth the money of going there and buying just that.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 62

I have gone into 2 Dunkin Donuts in my area recently and bought the usual large iced coffee and X-large hot coffee and asked for the free donut. I was also told that the offer was over. When asked why they couldn't  tell me since the staff speak minimal English in the two I go to. When I got the free donut there before they gave me a hard time and I always have to ask for it a couple times before I actually get it. That's okay though. Its too bad the offer is over. It was a bonus while it lasted. I'm fine with making my coffee at home. Getting the free donut kind of equalled out the cost. The large coffee alone isn't worth the money of going there and buying just that.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 62

Happen to the 3 DD i go to in Rockland county NY....... looks like I wont be renewing AARP next round.... other perks dont appeal to me.  Sad..... so simple but so important... ;-)

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 62

This is asinine - it no longer makes sense for me to go out of my way to DD. I'm hoping that same store sales drop and they wise up and re-instate it.

Now I'll go to Peet's where there is a band that play some mornings and just as good wifi.

Update: I called my local DD and they blamed it on AARP - saying that AARP had dropped te relationship.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 62

Maybe some notice but on your most popular benefit would have been nice. I receive a million emails to renew but not in notice anywhere about this. You guys dropped the ball.om communicating this. Definitely reconsidering renewing afraid what other things will go away with no notice 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 62

Absolutely received numerous emails about receiving but this they are hiding. Would have been nice to have been informed before I went into to dd

Kudos
Views