Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: No more AARP free donuts at Dunkin Donuts.

Message 41 of 62
I thought it might have been an April Fools joke. I received one last week, but this week the nice clerk said "No more, but I'll give you a free one anyway." The benny had a long run -- Thanks DD. Actually, I think it originally was only the actual Dunking Donut (fry cake with the little handle). Having a filled roll (Bavarian Creme) was beyond expectations.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 62

same thing happened to me today on Long Island. The free donut with large coffee was the only perk I used on a regular basis. AARP should have notified all members. needless to say I won't be buying the large coffee or renewing my AARP membership

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 62

Anyone who chooses not to renew their AARP membership because of not receiving free donuts doesn't understand stewardship. AARP does a lot of work to help people over 50 years old. It's worth contributing a small annual fee so that AARP can continue to contribute towards their mission. 

I didn't join because of discounts.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 62

People join for their own reasons such as supporting the lobby, donuts, and the magazine.  I can see why some would drop out over the donuts.  I could see myself doing so without the magazine.  I understand stewardship quite well having worked for non-profits in the past.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 62

@WayneG77836wrote:

People join for their own reasons such as supporting the lobby, donuts, and the magazine.  I can see why some would drop out over the donuts.  I could see myself doing so without the magazine.  I understand stewardship quite well having worked for non-profits in the past.

@WayneG77836 We're a feral and unpredictable species, aren't we? Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 62

From Matthews, NC, not only is the free donut gone; but, the 10% senior discount is now down to 5%.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 62

Dunkin in Jefferson Valley NY also stopped free donut and also cut discount to 5 per cent.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 62

Response from DD:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Dunkin' Donuts. Unfortunately our partnership with AARP has ended, so our restaurants can no longer offer a free donut with a large or XL beverage purchase for AARP members. We do rotate other nationwide offers, and your local restaurant may have their own discounts or coupons available. You can also enroll in our DD Perks Program at www.dunkindonuts.com to take advantage of the various discounts offered throughout the year."

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 62

Interesting that no AARP person monitors these comments and can let us know why!  Daughter would go to Dunkin and get me Donut.  No more!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 62

Went to local DK this morning and discovered the freebie was no more.....too bad.  It was a nice perk, but gone now

Kudos
Views