Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

No more AARP free donuts at Dunkin Donuts.

Message 1 of 62

March 4, 2018
I went to Shoprite on Rt37 in Toms River, NJ as usual to shop and pick up my coffee, donuts and sandwich.
There is a DD inside the food store. I showed my AARP card as usual to get the free donut with my coffee.
The girl pointed to the wall where the AARP sign had removed and said that DD no longer gives free donuts with AARP card.
She didn't say if it was AARP or Dunkin Donuts who had discontinued the policy. 

So sad. A simple but important savings.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: No more AARP free donuts at Dunkin Donuts.

Message 2 of 62

I had the same thing happen. They said they do not honor AARP discounts, but do give a senior discount of 10%. Go figure. So I told them, I was a senior, and still got a discount.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 62

Interesting.  I have never seen or heard about that.  Maybe it's a regional thing?  Or a franchise thing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 62

This happened to me this morning in Wheeling, IL.  The clerck told me the benefit was discontinued at the end of Feb 2018.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 62

This is the only benefit I ever really use, and the only reason I also buy a large coffee. I didn't get any notice from AARP about this; they are always so good about sending notices about new benefits. Oddly, I likely won't be renwing my membership, since none of the other benefits apply to me.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 62

Same here. Went to DD, ordered a large coffe when a smaller size is big enough and they said no more free donuts. Thanks for the warning, AARP.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 62

The same thing happened to us last night in Rockaway, NJ. The clerk gave us a free donut anyway, but suggested we contact DD and ask them to bring it back. As someone else said, it's really the only AARP benefit we ever use. I guess the way around it is to fill out the survey on the receipt and get a free donut that way. Using the AARP card was a lot easier though!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 62

just happened to me in Coral Springs, FL - never heard about the senior discount, so I'll inquire next time. Like others, it would have been nice to get some advanced notice from Dunkin.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 62

Today in Fort Meade, MD they told me the last day of the discount will be 31 March 2018.  Like some of you I get the large coffee for the donut.  When the policy changes the medium size will be fine.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 62

Just Boycott Dunkin Donuts , Their prices are too high anyway. 

Kudos
Views