Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Lucrative Investments

Hello,

I'd like to make an investment (I'm on a budget though) and don't know where to begin, any suggestions would be helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

1. Save  'til it hurts.

2. Go with a well known investment firm

3. DIVERSIFY

4. Don't panic if/ when the market goes down ; it will come back up.

5. DIVERSIFY

6. Mix bonds and stocks for a safety net and growth/ income power.

7. All these things a reputable investment counselors SHOULD tell you; if he/ she doesn't, get out of there!

8. My income is higher now than when I was working full time, in large part because I followed these rules.

Regular Contributor

Great information, thanks for your honesty ๐Ÿ™‚
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ds30055407 - I would just back off a tad on your first suggestion; to "Save 'til it hurts". I would suggest either "Save until it almost hurts" or "Save 'til it hurts .. then back off a tiny bit." Anything a person feels forced to do "until it hurts", can very easily become the reason they lose their motivation .. whether that's saving money, working out, or anything else.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Regular Contributor

Exactly, will continue to save till hurts ๐Ÿ˜‰
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Many community colleges have "Investing 101" type classes that are inexpensive; sign up for a couple.

Google "Investing for Dummies" or go to Barnes & Noble; for ~ $15 you can get a paperback copy & start learning about the market.

Find yourself a VERY reputable brokerage & broker with patience, who'll answer your questions & explain things simply, and help you select the right investment for your level of risk tolerance. Don't get sucked in by promises of well above-average returns, or any broker who wants you to think what he can do is "magic"!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Regular Contributor

Thank You for the very good suggestion ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP