Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Lucrative Investments

Message 11 of 36

Also find a site that will allow you to research certain investment options and companies so you can learn about their performance and projected performance.

Are you looking for long-term growth, short-term focus, will this be something that is not necessarily for you but for your trust? Determine what you want. Sometimes the stock market isn't where you really want and need to be but in some other form of investment.

Also, make certain you choose an option that has good forecasting and is ready to meet the evolving changes in market demands and technological / environmental improvements.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 36

Remember, this a long term proposition. No hasty decisions, especially over minor setbacks on new investments.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 36

I ditto ds300xxx's advice. I would add:

1) Talk to the investment advisor about your tolerance for risk. Do you want to take a big risk and possibly make good money, or take a big risk and lose it? How close are you to retirement (or are you already retired)?

2) Have a base amount of money to invest. When, and if, you make a profit, liquidate it, and put it elsewhere safe. His advice to stick with it is great. Remember just earlier this year, the stock market went down precipitously but has bounced back. I lost a whole lot of money, including my profit, when the recession hit about 10 years ago. I still cry when I have to talk about it. If I had liquidated my profit, I would have had some money somewhere!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 36

Don’t!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 36
So 2Papa said Don't, probably good advice to the first question of Find a Lucrative Investment. Better to learn how to save, spend less, take incremental moves into investing, like getting 2.5% on a CD instead of .5% or less on one. Becoming a millionaire is not about a lucrative investment, more about discipline and time.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 36
Thanks for the Sites to check out :-)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 36
Want to start off slow, so was thinking of something short-term until I can really get the hang of it.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 36
Good point :-)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 36
Not close to retirement, just want to get my feet wet, if you will, until I can dive in fully with investing.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 36
Did you have a bad experience?
Kudos
Views