Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Have you figured out a way to save more?

Message 1 of 6

One of AARP's most popular annual series, 99 Ways to Save, offers a treasure trove of savings tips.

Have you figured out a way to save more? What’s working for you? Share your tips in a reply post!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

I put all my unspent gas money in savings. We are barely driving due to COVID and are still working at home. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

@ManicProgressive, that's a clever way to save, good one! This reminds me, I understand some insurance companies provided rebates (or reduced premiums) to drivers during COVID. Another good source of savings.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

If you shop on Amazon, please sign up for amazon prime!!!, you can look for the same items used (simply returned or unrecognizable slight damage) for 10%, 50% or 75% off!!!

It's like shopping at an exclusive thrift store, but you can return the product if you don't like it, too!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

I manage to save money by creating a master grocery shopping list.  A friend suggested this to me and it works!  When items run low, I just highlight the item on my list and purchase those items before adding any extras to the cart.  I also identified a grocery shopping list app on my cell phone which I use when I do not want to deal with paper.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 6

Hi @JacindaH303869, thanks for your post! I know exactly what you're talking about with having a master grocery shopping list. We call that our "par list" and, I agree, it works quite well having that list of things you rely on most. The shopping list app also is a great suggestion! I'll have to try that.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit