Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Corona virus stimulus check

I need an answer to this question which some will think is dumb but I need my mind put at ease. I only have Social Security as my source of money and it is less than $12,000 a year. I misunderstood some instructions and thought I had to click on the link on the IRS site that says "non-filers enter payment info here". (I had not previously filed any return for the past couple of years because my SS money is under $12,000) Well I started the whole process but didn't finish it because I found out that I didn't have to do that at all. So my question is, did I some how screw myself up by starting the whole process under that link and won't get a check? I just need someone to set my mind at ease or should I start to panic? Thanks for whatever help you can give this poor soul. 

0 Kudos
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide

@ckeene0524 wrote:

I need an answer to this question which some will think is dumb but I need my mind put at ease. I only have Social Security as my source of money and it is less than $12,000 a year. I misunderstood some instructions and thought I had to click on the link on the IRS site that says "non-filers enter payment info here". (I had not previously filed any return for the past couple of years because my SS money is under $12,000) Well I started the whole process but didn't finish it because I found out that I didn't have to do that at all. So my question is, did I some how screw myself up by starting the whole process under that link and won't get a check? I just need someone to set my mind at ease or should I start to panic? Thanks for whatever help you can give this poor soul. 

Hello @ckeene0524 ,

There should be no issues associated with starting the process of using the Non-Filers tool but not completing it.  If you receive your Social Security benefits by paper check, you may still want to use the Non-Filers tool to enter direct deposit information to receive your Economic Impact Payment sooner than you would by mail.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much for responding. I get my SS  by direct deposit so it will then end up in my checking account. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP