You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Cola year 2016

Message 1 of 3
It's been 10 years since state retirement fund has seen a Cola. Having SSDI and no COLA really hurts when looking for a place to live. All around me wage increases have spiked sending rent sky high. In order to rent you must have 3 times the monthly rent. Imagine that when your monthly income doesn't cover one months rent and that's not even a worthwhile living space that's 200-300 square feet. If you ask me we are looking poverty in the face where buildings will crumble and people like myself 50's up will struggle to hope for card board box housing.
We are desperately hopeful for a change, that requires greed to slit it's throat and take a step backwards to get things back into balance.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Cola year 2016

Message 2 of 3

Sadly greed is wide spread in government and with big business, note no SS cola the savings from this where does it go, just a guess I suspect welfare  for more immigrants coming in daily.

Far to long now our leaders have ignored America and it's workers, outsourcing, loss of manufacturing, all due to greed and the wealthy seeking higher profits.

The truth is America can no longer afford the greed hopefully citizens will in time wake up.Neither

party appears interested in change.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Cola year 2016

Message 3 of 3

>>note no SS cola the savings from this where does it go, just a guess I suspect welfare for more immigrants coming in daily.>>

Hardly! There is no "savings" at all, in fact. Since SocSec is running out of money, are you suggesting they give recipients today more money so the overall program can run out of money even faster?

Gee, that way, instead of having reduce benefits to EVERYONE starting in 2033, SocSec could give it away now so that everybody, including you and me, can face reduced benefits even sooner, like maybe 2020 or 2025! 

Immigrants, btw, are a net PLUS for Soc Sec. This has long been acknowledged by budgetary analysts. Most are legally employed which means SocSec withholding is mandatory....but they are not allowed to claim SocSec benefits unless they're citizens. 

SocSec has nothing to do with welfare. Welfare are state-funded programs. 

Kudos
Views