When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Can Money Buy Happiness?

Message 1 of 40

A host of new research has merged personal finance with positive psychology to show how certain spending habits can boost your happiness. Take our quiz to find out which types of spending bring the most joy.

What do you think? Can money buy happiness?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness?

Message 2 of 40

It won't buy true happiness but the lack of sufficient money can surely lead to misery.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 40

Money cannot buy happiness. You have to already be happy within yourself and have a grateful heart and spirit. Money can assist with better living conditions and experiences. There are plenty of wealthy people who are unhappy, miserable and some have even committed suicide. I am happy and content with my life and only want money to move to a nice, big spacious condominium. It doesn't hurt to wish and dream of having more. I am going to be happy regardless and I am extremely grateful for everything I have thus far. Life is indeed too short to worry about the small stuff. Nothing is more important than waking up to experience another day of life. Something that money absolutely cannot buy.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 40

Hello all!

My thinking is that happiness is who we are innately. I believe we were born into this world to be happy. To notice all around ourselves in any given moment what sparks happiness, joy, satisfaction, peace, clarity, and knowing (to mention a few). Money comes to us when we are in this amazing state of happiness. Despite conditions that we find ourselves, notice away from fears, concerns, health etc to that thought that eases us gradually into a better feeling place. 

I also believe that even with my eyes closed i can conjure feelings of happiness by just feeling into myself, because I do it all the time! But especially in the moment I awaken from a nights sleep. Just noticing and milking that satisfying coziness brings me into my day feeling happy, satisfied and ready to be ready for what my day will bring. It is a honing skill of focus. And caring so much about myself that I put that first and foremost on my list of being human in my new day. Money comes. It can and will enhance opportunities. It is up to me.  My best to all.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 40

I think it would depend on each person. In my situation I'm in money would really help me escape the misery I've been experencing since I've been married to a cheating fake husband. 

I could move back to where I could be happy again n start getting rid of my sicknesses.

So yes n no , money can make people happier.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 40

Melania? Is that you?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 40

Yes, money CAN buy happiness. With enough money, bills (loans, mortgages, credit cards, etc.) can be paid off, new living spaces can be afforded, education can be furthered, employment can be changed, and travel experiences can be gained. Outside of our own personal happiness, money can be donated to worthy causes and charities or used to sponsor grants and scholarships -- all of which can create happiness in its recipients.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 40

Perhaps not buy happiness, but you can sure rent the hell out of it.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 40

Yes and no. I've worked all my life and have saved enough to retire comfortably. The unhappy part of it is people use you. Both my daughters have borrowed and not repaid and I'm not talking $5.00. Both promised to pay back and neither has even been woman enough to say I'm sorry Mom. The way they handle it is by not talking to me at all. If you cannot pay back a family member money you owe, be adult enough to pick up the phone, apologize, and try to fix the problem. Ending relationships is not fair to anyone.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 40

Money may buy you a huge mansion, a big car and lots of diamond jewelry, but happiness?  Probably not in "things". Better to find happiness in family and friends who love you as well as you love them  Happiness is an emotion that is sometimes elusive to people with wealth who look for material things to make them happy.

Kudos
Views