Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness?

Message 31 of 40
It is medical abuse. You need to call Social Services. Tell them everything you have told us. He cannot take your check or your Medicaid. Social Services can arrange for physical therapy that you need for your legs. In the meantime, you need to start doing bed exercises and using your hands to massage your legs. Try to have social services show up just before he usually gets home in the morning. His abuse in leaving you there alone will then be documented. You have limited income to be sure, but there are resources out there. You have to start taking care of yourself. Make that call.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 40
I really did not misunderstand you. Mathew 5/31-Whoever divorces his wife give her a certificate of divorce. In other words, he makes that decision and gives her a certificate? The courts make all final decisions concerning divorce, not the husband. Mathew 5/32-He then causes her to commit adultery because of the divorce and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. In other words, she cannot find happiness with anyone else. That is bad advice on any level.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 40

i think you misunderstood me. I said the government said they will take my check away n my medicaid too.

We live apart for because of that reason.

I'm very sad because this home I'm in is full of mold n I'm getting sicker by the day. I HAVE no-one to help me. The social security people don't care about me. They want me off of my ssi.

I'm 52 years old n not really old enough to be on it. They took my husband's backpay for his ssi. They gave me very little backpay. Louisiana really sucks. I wish president trump knew how they were treating us. If I could get moved back to Texas it would make a difference in my health n happiness.  I JUST don't have a WAY to move there. Oh and no there are not any senior centers. I'm not a senior.there are not any shelters. 

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 40

I have gone and removed my previous posts since it is nothing but bad advice.  I have walked a path similar from what is explained....been there, done that and paying the price.  I certainly meant no harm, bad advice or talking from a non-life experience.  Sorry to offend people.

@s804940b wrote:
I really did not misunderstand you. Mathew 5/31-Whoever divorces his wife give her a certificate of divorce. In other words, he makes that decision and gives her a certificate? The courts make all final decisions concerning divorce, not the husband. Mathew 5/32-He then causes her to commit adultery because of the divorce and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. In other words, she cannot find happiness with anyone else. That is bad advice on any level.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 40

Hello,

Money does not buy happiness but it is a means to an end. Money is an object...void of feelings.  Happiness is within yourself. Happiness is love of and to family, friends and just plain enjoyment of life.  Money is not everything we need to be happy.  

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 40
I appreciate your thoughtful apology. People can be fragile and I suspect this person is. We have to be careful what we say. Quoting the Bible is never a good idea. There are too many interpretations of chapter and verse and if someone were to take it in a literal sense, the advice can be harmful.
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 40
Now that we know your age, it narrows down your choices. You are disabled and being neglected. If you are living separately to claim benefits it is going to be hard to get help without losing the benefits. I don't know all the details in your situation but if it were me, I would call the Department of Social Services. They can see to it that you have physical therapy, clean living conditions and food to eat. There are programs they can connect you with such as meals on wheels and some in home help.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 40

I'm not even elgible for food stamps. I Live in his relatives home. We have been taking care of it instead of paying rent. That's why my ssi check is so low, that n being married.  I know many couples they are doing this to. 

Spoiler

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 40
I don't really know exactly what you want then. If you have no rent or mortgage to pay, your social security should go much further. If you want help for your disabilities, call social services. You are still low income. If you want help, you are going to have to be the one to make the first move. No one is going to know about you or your problems until you do.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 40

I'm thinking, if having money sufficent to buy food, pay bills ( better yet, pay off credit card), buy clothing (second hand is fine), get a good health plan, plus some extra bucks so you can travel,

well, then, yes, money can buy happiness !  Woman LOL

Sandee2
Kudos
Views