Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness?

Message 21 of 40
I have PTSD because of my parents. I had to see a therapist and I will not go in to detail, but what he did gave me another level of anxiety and PTSD. My first husband was also a cheat and I did not even have an account in my name. I got out. I started working for a new company, got promoted, they grew and had two divisions. I took over the management of one and when they wanted out, I took over the entire company. I, too am a Christian woman. God does not want to shame us in to staying with a man who is abusing you and yes, affairs are mental abuse. Sell that junk he's buying your love with and get out. It is never too late to start living your life.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 40

Money can only buy fleeting happiness!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 40

I HAVE nothing that's worth money he makes sure of that. Where would I go? 

No shelters? No money. No family , no friends. 

I HAVE MPD. ANXIETY TOO. I TOOK MYSELF OFF ALL THE MEDS. I WAS ON N I AM ON ALL NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS NOW.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 40

As my Dad used to say; "money can't buy happiness, but it's a lot easier to cry in the back of a limo than on a bicycle".  Smiley LOL

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 40

Money is an amazing tool. It concentrates power and makes it portable. It allows you to accumulate things that you want and get other people to do what you want. To some degree those are good things. But it is a small step from working hard to accumulate wealth to falling in love with the power it brings you. How do you know when you have enough? “Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income” (Ecclesiastes 5:10). You know you’re in trouble when money is at the core of what makes you feel safe and secure, when money is at the core of whether or not you feel that your life is a success, when money is at the core of your personal happiness. God made us to be connected in love to other people. Even more, God made us to find our greatest fulfillment, satisfaction, and happiness in loving and serving him first.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 40
Speak to your doctor about this. Also, are you able to live alone. Can you work. Can you get social security. There are a lot of missing details, but no one is tethered to another person. It is a choice. In your case, I suspect it is a hard choice since you do not believe in divorce. You are entitled to some of the marital property though and need to see an attorney. No state will leave you empty handed should you decide to end the marriage. His affairs would also influence the amount you would be awarded. There are shelters in every city. Go to your senior citizens center and ask. They can give you a lot of information about getting help based on what is going on.
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 40

;  Been there....done that....paying the price!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 40
Seriously? She is supposed to wait until he decides to give her a divorce. I can agree about the praying, but she needs to take charge of her own life and find her own happiness. Condemning every divorced person as an adulterer if they find love again is wrong!
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 40

@s804940b   No advice now.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 40

no I can't work!! I'm disabled in ssi. Very little income of 514.00 A month. I do have a car but not paid for yet. He's paying the payments n I'm paying for extended warranty.

I'm in my bed most of the time because I have peripheral neuropathy n unless he rubs my legs in the morning I'm stuck in bed for the day. He leaves me here purposely. I feel like it's medical neglect. He too gets SSDI n the gov. Has threatened to take away my check n Medicaid if we didn't get a divorce.  They said our income is too high. He stays at different address at night. He has a different address on record with them. He claims he still loves me but i don't love his type of love. I JUST want be happy again. I was hit by a train in 2004 n i have had 14 SURGERIES I died n went to heaven for 7 MINUTES.  God sent me back here he said he wanted me to do his work. So I have. God n heaven is real!!!

Kudos
Views