Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Ask The Expert: Tax Prep and Saving Your Refund

Retired Community Manager

Ask The Expert: Tax Prep and Saving Your Refund

Thanks for joining us! Post a reply below for a chance to have your questions answered now through April 13th. [notice: This event is extended thru Monday, April 20.]

AARP Foundation staff and volunteers from the Foundation’s Tax-Aide program will answer your questions about Tax-Aide, saving your refund, and preparing to file your Federal return under the extended deadline of July 15. Please note: Our experts will not be answering individual tax questions.

Frequently Asked Questions:

AARP Foundation Tax-Aide

@AnneF874739 wrote:

I'd like to postpone my appt today for my taxes @ a church on walnut bottom rd, in Carlisle, pa

@AnneF874739

All appointments were cancelled when AARP Foundation Tax-Aide suspended services until further notice.

Tax-Aide will continue to assess whether the program can open again in some or all sites for the remainder of the tax season, which has been extended to July 15.

Taxpayers can check the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide web page for updates at aarpfoundation.org/taxaide . In the meantime, taxpayers can visit IRS’s free tax filing service at https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-filedo-your-federal-taxes-for-free.

AARP Foundation Tax-Aide

Hello @AnneF874739 .  Thank you for your question "I'd like to postpone my appt today for my taxes @ a church on walnut bottom rd, in Carlisle, PA"

AARP Foundation and our community partners are assessing coronavirus (COVID-19) developments on a daily basis to ensure that all CDC guidelines for health and safety are being followed to protect volunteers, staff and the people we serve. To that end, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has suspended services until further notice.  As a result of the nationwide site suspension, there was no need to cancel your appointment. 

Contributor

Who will be getting a refund back.

0 Kudos
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide

Hi @PaulineT56125 -

We're not quite sure we understand your question: "Who will be getting a refund back."

If you are referring to the Economic Impact Payments (aka stimulus payment), who receives one depends on several factors including family size, age and income. There is more information here:  https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2020/coronavirus-stimulus-checks.html?intcmp=AE-...

If your question refers to something else, please respond with additional information.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP