Highlighted
Community Manager

Ask The Expert: Tax Prep and Saving Your Refund

Message 1 of 64

Thanks for joining us! Post a reply below for a chance to have your questions answered now through April 13th. [notice: This event is extended thru Monday, April 20.]

AARP Foundation staff and volunteers from the Foundation’s Tax-Aide program will answer your questions about Tax-Aide, saving your refund, and preparing to file your Federal return under the extended deadline of July 15. Please note: Our experts will not be answering individual tax questions.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Ask The Expert: Tax Prep and Saving Your Refund

Message 2 of 64

Is AARP Tax aide preparer be scheduling to help fill individual taxes? Or will we have to find other tax preparers?

Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Tax Prep and Saving Your Refund-will appointments be tax preparations in April still be on schedule

Message 3 of 64

Will appointments for tax preparations still be available in April for AARP members still be honored due to the corona virus?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Tax Prep and Saving Your Refund-will appointments be tax preparations in April still be on sched

Message 4 of 64

Who will be getting a refund back.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 5 of 64

I had my taxes done at one of your sites earlier this month and the returns were electronically filed from your site.  I owe some Federal taxes.  Am I eligible to delay sending that money until July?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Message 6 of 64

I need assistance on best way to get my 2017 & 2019 taxes done ( know I owe from 2017).

Highlighted

Re: Tax Prep and Saving Your Refund-will appointments be tax preparations in April still be on sched

Message 7 of 64

I'd like to postpone my appt today for my taxes @ a church on walnut bottom rd, in Carlisle, pa

Highlighted
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide

Message 8 of 64

Hello @ErnestM135546 .  Thank you for your question "Is AARP Tax aide preparer be scheduling to help fill individual taxes? Or will we have to find other tax preparers?"

AARP Foundation and our community partners are assessing coronavirus (COVID-19) developments on a daily basis to ensure that all CDC guidelines for health and safety are being followed to protect volunteers, staff and the people we serve. To that end, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has suspended services until further notice.

While Tax-Aide provides free tax preparation and filing services to all taxpayers, many of its clients are over 60, a group considered by health experts to be at higher risk of developing complications from the illness.  Tax-Aide will continue to assess whether the program can open again in some or all sites for the remainder of the tax season, which has been extended to July 15.

Taxpayers can check the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide web page for updates at aarpfoundation.org/taxaide . In the meantime, taxpayers can visit IRS’s free tax filing service at https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-filedo-your-federal-taxes-for-free.

Highlighted
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 64

Hello @as43421461.  Thank you for your question "Will appointments for tax preparations still be available in April for AARP members still be honored due to the corona virus?"

AARP Foundation and our community partners are assessing coronavirus (COVID-19) developments on a daily basis to ensure that all CDC guidelines for health and safety are being followed to protect volunteers, staff and the people we serve. To that end, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has suspended services until further notice.  As a result, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide sites will not be able to honor previously scheduled appointments.

While Tax-Aide provides free tax preparation and filing services to all taxpayers, many of its clients are over 60, a group considered by health experts to be at higher risk of developing complications from the illness.  Tax-Aide will continue to assess whether the program can open again in some or all sites for the remainder of the tax season, which has been extended to July 15.

Taxpayers can check the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide web page for updates at aarpfoundation.org/taxaide . In the meantime, taxpayers can visit IRS’s free tax filing service at https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-filedo-your-federal-taxes-for-free.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide

Message 10 of 64

Hello @AnneF874739 .  Thank you for your question "I'd like to postpone my appt today for my taxes @ a church on walnut bottom rd, in Carlisle, PA"

AARP Foundation and our community partners are assessing coronavirus (COVID-19) developments on a daily basis to ensure that all CDC guidelines for health and safety are being followed to protect volunteers, staff and the people we serve. To that end, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide has suspended services until further notice.  As a result of the nationwide site suspension, there was no need to cancel your appointment. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors